Rocket MV BASIC Now Available in Visual Studio Code Marketplace
Rocket Software introduces the Rocket MV BASIC extension for Visual Studio Code 1.6.0, now available on Visual Studio Code Marketplace.
Rocket MV BASIC for VS Code (MVVS) enables BASIC developers to edit, compile, and now debug their BASIC applications in Microsoft Visual Studio Code.
MVVS 1.6.0 release includes debug preview Feature. By detecting and analyzing errors in BASIC code, the Debug function makes it easier to debug and fix BASIC programs.
The 1.6.0 debug feature is considered an MVP (Minimal Viable Product) and we will continue to improve and refine it over a series of releases.
MVVS version 1.6.0 includes:
• Debugging (MVP version*) – version 1.6.0 allows debugging of BASIC programs when the extension is connected to a UniVerse server
Supported MVP debugging operations:
- Breaking point
- Enter, exit, above
* MVP debugging limitations:
– Only supported on UniVerse 11.3.4 and 12.1.1 (future versions will support UniData)
– External DAP server binaries must be downloaded from RBC and installed (this will be automatic in future versions of data server and MVVS)
– Intervening can end the debugging session
– Sometimes unable to exit at end of CALL subroutine
– Using step-in/out with breakpoint only
– Unable to run debug in multiple workspace folders.
- 5 bugfixes for compiling and debugging issues
For more information on future releases of MVVS and to collaborate with other MVVS users, visit the Rocket MVVS forum: MV BASIC for Visual Studio Code.